Thursday, July 06, 2006

Hunter needs prayer. You can help.

I get about two lines into this everytime I read it and my eyes fill up with tears.

This little guy needs your faithful and fervent prayers.


Hunter's Story



And so do his parents. I burned my leg when I was 12, and spent a month in the hospital with 3rd degree burns. It was horrible, because due to how I burned my leg they weren't able to do skin grafts for over a week. Three times a day they would come in and "clean" my leg with a brush. They had to bring a team of nurses to hold me down. I'll never forget the looks of helplessness on the faces of my family.

Check the main page of the site for the updates and how you can pray specifically.

Here is the quote from the site which gets me every time. I wish I accepted hardships as well as he does:



I just want to say to you that Hunter is amazing. Not once in six years, NOT EVEN ONCE, has he ever complained about his disabilities. Even when he falls fifty times a day he is never upset. He just yells out “I’m OK” and gets right back up. When his legs won’t work at all he simply says “these crazy legs are at the beach today”. He always has a smile on his face and joy in his heart. He has an incredible sense of humor and a gift for touching people deep within their soul. He really is a miracle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing about Hunter. He really is an amazing kid. I have to say I looked forward to every monday last school year when he would come to my classroom for music. He's very brave and has a great sense of humor. He and his family really could use the extra prayers.

Randy said...

I saw the pictures of him dancing. He was so into it! I could tell what a special kid he is, treasuring every moment. I am keeping the whole family in my prayers.