Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Praise God for Rainy Mornings

Okay, I happen to really like waking up on morning with the windows open to the sound of rain falling. It's very peaceful.

That's not what this is about though, I was just feeling sentimental.

Here's what this is about.

Last year two planes collided at Minneapolis/St. Paul International on the tarmac. Jet fuel spilled all over the runway, and there certainly was the potential for a good number of injuries and fatalities, but ultimately nobody was hurt. Reason? There was no spark created. If you watch the video here you'll see that it was a rainy morning, and I'm sure that had something to do with it.

On another note, how about the brave airport workers that you see in the video helping get the passengers off of both planes. I think I'm going to start an "unsung heroes" website so people can write in and tell about the nice/generous/heroic things others have done for them which went unnoted.

No comments: